Support local in Stellenbosch by purchasing Christmas presents for your loved ones a few weeks before the festive buying panic sets in! You’ll have a choice between buying tangible gifts and buying experiences. The question is, what gift to buy for each loved one? We suggest convincing them all to take the ‘Boscher quiz.
Here’s some Boscher Inspired gift ideas:
- Stock up on seasonal preserves, homemade jams, chutneys, and sauces at Lanzerac Deli or Babushka Deli (Hazendal).
- Splurge on a meat box at the Fat Butcher Butchery Shop.
- Book a Bites and Sites food tour.
- Or simply make a reservation at any of our award-winning restaurants, whether it’s a picnic affair or fine dining evening.
- Browse the Babushka Deli at Hazendal Estate for a host of Russian-inspired souvenirs, like babushka nesting dolls and artisanal wooden tableware.
- Buy a voucher for a Kayamandi On Foot township tour.
- Book a few nights away at some of our historical accommodation establishments, like Oude Werf Hotel. The oldest running hotel in South Africa, with a history that stretches back 300 years.
- Grab a few trademark bottles of wine from a handful of the town’s best producers
- Treat that someone special to a sensory food and wine pairing, such as a fynbos and wine pairing at Bartinney Wines.
- Book a full day of wine tasting, without having to worry about driving, with Adventureshop Vinehopper.
- Scope out local street artists and invest in some of their artwork.
- Plan an itinerary packed with visits to art galleries and museums.
- Book a Winelands Art Sips and Sights tour, which includes the chance to meet and interact with respected local artists face-to-face.
- Buy a voucher for a scenic Scootour flow trail or a delightful E-bike wine tour
- Plan a relaxing picnic on the sprawling lawns of one of the many wine farms.
- Be sure to book your spot at any of our upcoming Stellenbosch Wine Walks.
Spoil your loved ones with local crafty gifts
Fab Christmas ideas from Babylonstoren!
Christmas shopping doesn’t have to be a daunting experience. Babylonstoren is making it easy for you to breeze through the festive season with their Online Shop and Christmas Pop-up shop that are bursting with hand-picked innovative and exclusive gift options. You’ll get to choose from exclusive luxury hampers, festive table décor, delicious biscuits, scented gift sets, Babylonstoren’s 2022 calendar and other must-have gifts that will dazzle and amaze. Every special gift is hand-selected, packed and packaged with the greatest care. All you have to do is make space under the Christmas tree…
Where is the pop-up shop? In the Babylonstoren Scented Room
Time: Open until 24 December 2021| Daily 09h00 to 17h30
CoCreate Hub Stellenbosch Gift Catalogue
CoCreate Hub’s very first gift catalogue is now online for your browsing pleasure. All the items included in the catalogue are perfect picks not only for Christmas presents, but also for year-end corporate gifts and teachers’ ‘thank you’ favours. The ultimate goal is to set up an online shop, so you’ll be able to gift Stellenbosch’s artisans’ finest regardless of whether or not you’re in town. For now, please download the order form to order your favourite crafts, foods and services.
Tuinjong SA’s #tuingoed
Christmas time is here. Place your orders now for your own bespoke Christmas wreath for your front door or Christmas table.
Order now by contacting Tuinjong directly on +27 78 320 2594
Planning a holiday in the Winelands this December? Luckily, there’s plenty of fun awaiting you and your family. Be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.