Roses are red, violets are blue … but why settle for flowers when you can bring out the festive cheer with a perfect Stellenbosch Rosé? We think that you should choose pink for your 2019/2020 seasonal celebrations.
We’ve asked local influencer, @Vuurtoring to recommend three perfectly pink wines to pair with your festive celebrations.
Pink Cheer for Pink Valley Wines
New kid on the Winelands block is Pink Valley Wines, nestled on the lower slopes of the Helderberg Mountains, Pink Valley offers spectacular views of the mountain tops of Helderberg and the ocean shores of Strand. This property is singularly focussing on Stellenbosch Rosé with only one product – Rosé.
Why you should visit Pink Valley
• The Rosé Lounge offers a delicious spread of small tasting dishes paired with Rosé
• From Wednesday to Saturday, they trade till 19h00
• Apart from the Pink Valley Rosé, you must try their Mrs Müller, a (pink) spirit apéritif which promises to bring extra cheer to your festive celebrations.
Visit sure to visit Pink Valley Wines this summer
Tel: 021 855 3744
Cavalli Estate Passions Range
Pink Pony – a feisty Grenache-based rosé with a delicious nose of summer fruits with juicy red currents, raspberry and honeysuckle is guaranteed to bring cheer to all your festivities. This is a Stellenbosch Rosé to savour.
Why you should visit Cavalli
• You will be bowled over by the views from the restaurant deck.
• Eat at Cavalli, one of the top Winelands’ restaurants
• The wine tasting lounge is open till 18h00
Tel: 021 855 3218
Peter Falke Collections
If you have not been to Peter Falke, you have been missing out on the best Winelands spot for sundowners. The wines reflect their lifestyle, personalities and culture and we love their deliciously crisp and fruity Blanc de Noir which will round off any festive celebration.
Why you should visit Peter Falke
• Tasting Lounge opens till 19h00 (Tuesday to Friday and Sunday) and 20h00 on Friday and Saturday
• They offer a delicious culinary spread including oysters, cheese and charcuterie.
• It is one of the best places to kick back and relax and watch the sunset while sipping on glasses of perfectly chilled Blanc de Noir.
Tel: 021 881 3677
Intrepid explorer, adventure athlete with a love for running in extreme places, glass in hand wherever possible and photographer extraordinaire